Well, it’s been 6 months in development, three weeks since I started live demonstrations to local businesses and a little over two weeks from our launch, and we are now inundated with questions about what it’s all about.
So, I’ll try my hardest to explain the whole purpose of waggawagga.tv. This year, we are completely re-launching waggawagga.tv into a LIVE 24/7 online entertainment and information portal. You will be able to log onto our website anywhere in the world and find our 24/7 channel streaming shows, interviews, sport, and productions on local Wagga Wagga businesses.
What’s more, visitors to our city will be able to log onto waggawagga.tv and access our library of video-on-demand productions, plus a directory that promotes retail, hospitality, service industries, arts, sport and a whole lot more!
We are giving the business people of Wagga Wagga the chance to become part of something very special. Something that has not been done before within a regional city – or even in metropolitan areas. The ability to both advertise their business directly to their target market – the people of Wagga Wagga – and be a central part of a brand new way of communicating Wagga’s unique voices, characters and culture to the world via the power of the web!
WaggaWagga.TV will have a 24/7 running channel known as a “play out” system and will showcase original, replayed and live content via Livestream Australia as the portal.
This means viewers will be watching something streamed every time they log onto the site and it can be of a variety of things such as local productions of entertainment, live events, sports and commentary from around Wagga and the country, replayed content that has already been broadcast on the site, advertisements of local businesses, organisations and events.
Local businesses have the opportunity to be found within the site via a directory that comes in three options;
- Free directory with lead photo, listing of business name, logo, phone number, address and website plus opening hours
- Photo gallery with listing of above, plus, 5 x photos, description of your business and features of your business highlighted – $19.95/month ($10 per month extra for priority placement.)
- Video gallery with listing of above, plus up to 5 videos of any length showcasing what the business has to offer, live social links to your social media pages plus up to 5 x attachments or external link buttons. These could be used to put up menus if you’re a restaurant, brochures of your products or services or a live link to your pay-wall or shopping cart if your website supports purchasing online. $39.95/month ($15 per month extra for priority placement.) Visitors to the site will be able to search via industry pages, or through a quick search box on the site. If they choose to search via pages or by any other manual means, the video listings will appear at the top of each page with the largest thumbnails, followed by the photo gallery listings and then finally the FREE business listings. Priority listings appear above these.
Here is the video explaining the Directory with our local hosts.
CLICK HERE: Directory Video with Hosts
WaggaWagga.TV has joined forces with a new and exciting production company, “Clean Slate Media” and together they will produce the following content for the platform;
- “The Adam Drummond Show” which will include celebrity interviews, comedy sketches, local commentary and more in a variety style format for the online market
- “The 5 O’Clock Wave” – previously an explicit, comedy podcast, on the new platform it will be re-born with regular hosts, Adam Drummond, Matt Olsen and Jamie Way with guests and funny anecdotes but with the same local commentary and viewpoints
- “Unleash the Geek” featuring reviews and news on all things “geek” such as gaming updates, film and TV, entertainment and more, hosted by Liam Campbell a Wagga High student and Brenna Temple, a loveable Canadian lass who is new to Wagga Wagga
- “Brenna Obviously” – speaking of Brenna Temple, she will also be hosting her own special show all about the quirky things happening in our city from an outsider’s point of view. It captures Wagga beautifully but also features the honest perspective of the equally quirky and vivacious Canadian local, Brenna
- “Upload” where locals have the opportunity to send in things from around Wagga they have filmed and then our production team will edit, tidy up and format as part of a show
- “What’s Up Wagga?” is a Vox Pop style show hosted by well-known local identities who take to the streets and ask all sorts of questions that are relevant to our area – hosts will include Grant Luhrs and Sarah Wentworth-Perry
- “Your House” and other format shows – these will be a mixture of genres including; Entertainment, lifestyle, business, sport, children’s content and more as we build our program content. Your House will be not only walks through unique Wagga properties, but also styling tips for inside and outside your own home as hosted by award winning blogger Katrina Chambers, known to a lot of Australians as a contestant on The Block a few years ago
- “Sweet Shorts” is hosted by well-known local and National sports champion, Joe Williams and showcases the amazing talent we have in our region via short films made by locals – they are AMAZING!
We also have some programs in development with hosts such as Sarah Burnell following local stories and Ashley Shaw with a program all about music called “Gigs”, as well as shows all about the great outdoors such as motor shows, shows about fishing and camping and even pushing the boundaries of fitness with sporting challenges involving one of our best known local athletes. Stay tuned.
So, yes, we have lots going on and it is all thanks to Grant Harper of Livestream Australia (wait until you see how your sport or business can be featured on our platform using Grant’s livestreaming capabilities – it will blow your mind) and Matt Olsen from Clean Slate Media who produces 95% of all our content and is the first point of call for you if you need a video made for your business and you don’t already have one.
Remember the 15th May starting at 6.30pm – FREE to the general public who have access to their own bar, food and band or if you are looking to splash out and join the red carpet line up for $99 + booking fee, you will be guided along the red carpet with the celebrities at 7pm and have included in your ticket price food, drink and Jarryn Phegan as entertainment all in the member’s lounge. We had sold out of these tickets but I’ve got permission to open up to another 50 people, so be quick if you want the VIP treatment by clicking here. Or for ALL the information about the night, click here.